10/29/07

Comic Book part 1

So here is a page of the comic book. It's a little ridiculous I had to spend time designing something that will only be on the screen for a few seconds, but this is the way of animation.

Sadly, I am not used to drawing huge muscle-y comic book men, and I think it shows. Can't say that I'm really happy with it, but I spent too long on it (or so it felt) to start completely over.

Well, at least that's one page done with. I think it's better if I work on a couple rough animations now than do the other page, though.

3 comments:

Victor said...

I think it looks fine. If you want examples of ridiculously sinewy men, look at some of Simon Bisley's stuff. He's the guy Tim Bisley is named after in Spaced. I like your guy just fine, though.

My only nitpick ( if I had to) would be that the text on the page doesn't curve with the paper. But honestly, who cares.

Unknown said...

I think it looks great~
Love the gradient in the background and the silhouettes brings about an air of suspense.

Sheila said...

Lauren-

I think this looks great! As we mentioned in class, perhaps you could add contrast to the BG image, and make the text larger. Your character is convincing to me. Great work!